Fate: A World of Hurt
Bill the Cabby
Fresh Meat - Insane Cab Driver
HIGH CONCEPT: INSANE COMBAT CAB™ DRIVER
- Invoke: Sometimes Bill has insights that come from his unique perspective. He is also highly resistant to drugs.
- Compel: There are rumors that Bill has replaced one of his lungs with a gland giving him a constant dose of an experimental hallucination inducing drug called RPG, supposedly to help him deal with extreme PTSD. He does not see the world the same way we do.
- Invoke: To react at inhuman speed and precision while driving or piloting a vehicle. To drive circles around those without a link.
- Compel: To be oblivious to what is going on around the character or to be distracted by the interface.
VETERAN PILOT OF THE CENTRAL AMERICAN WAR
OWNER/OPERATOR OF AN ARMED AND ARMORED COMBAT CAB™
BACKGROUND: Street +1
PROFESSION: Commerce Pilot +3
PROFESSION: Military: Aerospace +2
- SUPERB (+5):
- GREAT (+4): Drive*
- GOOD (+3): Engineering, Notice*, Systems
- FAIR (+2): Pilot, Provoke*
- AVERAGE (+1): Fight, Physique^, Will^
Focused Skill*. Specialized Skill^. Trained Skill#.
ENHANCEMENTS (-2 REFRESH)
Electro-magnetic Vulnerability [+1 Refresh]
All cyberware makes a character vulnerable to EMP weapons or events. When hit with an electro-magnetic attack of any kind, the attack adds Damage: 2.
Vehicle Link (-1 Refresh, 1 Aspect: Vehicle Zen)
This allows the user to control a vehicle through direct mental control. The character plugs directly into a computer using interface plugs and cables, sending commands threw his own nervous system. Power servos then steer wheels, depress accelerators, and control braking. Gain a +2 to Drive or Pilot any vehicles that have which have had their normal control systems replaced by a computer.
Anti-Poison (-1 Refresh)
This modification gives characters a +2 bonus to their Physique for purposes of resisting poisons, venom, or toxins.
- Legality: Legal
- Transformation Time: 2 weeks
Cost: 1 Refresh
Aspect: Battle Hardened Combat Cab™
- Heavy Machine guns: Does Damage: 2 against humanoid sized targets.
The Defiance Combat Cab™ is renowned for being tough and reliable under even the most intense combat environments. They are armed with Vigilante Class mini-gun on a swivel mount and come standard with Vehicle Links.
STUNTS (-3 REFRESH)
Hard to Shake (Drive)
+2 to Drive whenever you’re pursuing another vehicle in a chase scene.
Pedal to the Metal (Drive)
You can coax more speed out of your vehicle than seems possible. Whenever you’re engaged in any contest where speed is the primary factor (such as a chase or race of some kind) and you tie with your Drive roll, it’s considered a success.
You can squeeze a vehicle through places where it has no business fitting. Normally, you’d have to spend a fate point to declare that the vehicle has enough clearance space to fit through. You never need to spend a fate point—if it could fit, it does. What’s more, if you do spend a fate point, you can fit the vehicle into places it absolutely should not be able to go. This stunt also helps when landing vehicles in improbably tight quarters.
STARTING REFRESH: 6
REFRESH SPENT: -5
REFRESH TOTAL: 1
Nobody knows who Bill is or even his real name but he is one of the very few brave enough to drive his armored taxi into The Combat Zone. The only clues to his origins are that his arms are covered in faded tattoos that indicate that he served in the Marines during the Central American War. He hasn’t cut his graying black hair or beard in years and his skin is often sunburned and blistered. He can always be found sitting behind the wheel of his Combat Cab™ staring at the people with a mixture of patience, love, curiosity and cold fear.