Fate: A World of Hurt
Fresh Meat - Sylvas Street Thug
HIGH CONCEPT: YOUNG SYLVAS STREET THUG
- Invoke: To intimidate others or to know how to handle himself on the street.
- Compel: In other social situations, when dealing with security or police.
TROUBLE: MEAN DRUNK
- Invoke: To hold his liquor or to party.
- Compel: Karome has proven to be a mean drunk who lashes out at others who he sees as a threat or as weak.
- Invoke: Sylvas are strong and gifted climbers and leapers who have great endurance and strength.
- Compel: Syvas are massive in size and often find that everything is simply too small for them to comfortably use. Because of their size they are often ostracized and feared. Their bulk can make them a bit slow and ponderous as well. They are terrible swimmers.
DO THE RIGHT THING
- Invoke: When he is helping others.
- Compel: To help others even to the detriment of his own needs.
“I AM NOT A MONSTER!”
BACKGROUND: Free Zone – Wasteland +2
PROFESSION: Crime: Thug +3
PROFESSION: Survival +1
- SUPERB (+5): Physique^
- GREAT (+4): Athletics*, Fight*
- GOOD (+3): Provoke*
- FAIR (+2): Shoot, Survival
- AVERAGE (+1): Empathy#, Notice
Focused*. Specialized^. Trained#.
HYBRID – SYLVAS MODIFICATIONS (-4 Refresh, 1 Aspect)
Enhanced Strength [-2]
Sylvas are incredibly strong. They gain a +2 bonus to Physique rolls involving strength, and a weapon:1 rating on Unarmed Combat and Melee Combat attacks.
Enhanced Physiology [-2]
Sylvas gain an additional Mild Physical Consequence as well as an additional physical stress box.
Aspect: Simian Physiology
Transformation Time: 4 months
STUNTS (-1 REFRESH)
You’re just someone people don’t want to cross, and that’s clear even to other intimidating folks. Normally, Intimidation attempts with Provoke are resisted by Will; you can counter intimidation attempts with your own Provoke.
STARTING REFRESH: 6
REFRESH SPENT: -5
REFRESH TOTAL: 1
High Concept: YOUNG SYLVAS STREET THUG
Trouble: MEAN DRUNK
Born in the United Islamic Republic Karome’s family moved to Seattle when he was a young child to escape the lingering starvation from the Blight Years. His father was a Sylvas who had served as a mercenary for a variety of corporate clients and was killed while on a mysterious mission for Gendiver when Karome was only a child leaving the young silvas directionless and resentful. His mother, who had her hands full raising Karome’s four brothers and sisters, had little time to spend on controlling her rebellious elder son and he soon ran away from home joining a local boostergang.
While running with the Sacred Blades Karome became involved in a brawl with their rivals The Slaughterhouse boostergang. The young Sylvas was drunk and threw the first punch despite the fact that he and his fellow gangers were outnumbered three to one. Most of his friends died in the ensuing fight at the heavily cybernetic hands of their rivals. It was only because of his gene engineered physiology and the intervention of a Good Samaritan that he survived the onslaught. The near death experience was sobering for the young Sylvas and as he rehabilitated from his injuries he resolved to be a better person.