Fate: A World of Hurt
- Lavender Organics patents a preliminary method of human genetic manipulation.
- A Zero Nation poison attack kills over 2.000 people in LA, Paris, Tokyo, London and Berlin
- Biogene Corporation becomes first corporation to obtain legal persecutory authority, effectively becoming the first Incorporate state.
- Biogene implants biomonitors in all of their executive staff
- Woodshole Oceanic Institute develops a method to uplift cetaceans to human intelligence levels. The process id dubbed “Genlifting”
- Preliminary steps taken for the establishment of Luna; earth population 8.8 billion
- Wormhole discovered
- Prometheus II launched
- Prometheus II enters Wormhole, exits in Serpentis system, gathers data, and returns through Wormhole.
- Earth Skyhook completed.
- Argos 12 mission to Poseidon; Athena Project begins. GenDiver begins genetic redesign projects.
- The U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) develops and spreads several designer plagues worldwide, targeting coca and opium plants. Governments of Chile, Ecuador collapse. A savage drug war breaks out between Eurocorp-backed dealers and DEA all over the Americas.
- First use of high energy laser lift arrays in USSR. Simple massdriver established in Canary Islands by eight member Eurospace Agency.
- UNSS Cousteau completed & original Poseidon colonists chosen.
- Cousteau launched, passes through Wormhole, enters orbit around Poseidon.
- Cousteau begins unloading. Construction of Haven begun.
- First TRC biologic interface chips developed in Munich, United Germany. AV-4 aerodyne assault vehicle developed to deal with increasing riots in U.S. urban zones.
- Columbian druglords detonate small tactical nuclear device in New York. 15,000 killed.
- Fischer virus begins the Blight.
- The Collapse of the United States. Weakened by losses in the World Stock Crash, overwhelmed by unemployment, homelessness and corruption, unable to feed its citizens because of the Blight many city governments collapse or go bankrupt. The U.S. Government, snarled in a staggering deficit and the machinations of the Gang of Four, is totally ineffective.
- Nomad Riots. By now, 1 in 4 Americans are homeless. Hundreds of thousands riot for living space throughout the US. Nomad packs spring up on the west coast and spread rapidly through the nation.
- First appearance of boostergangs. Lawyer Purge. Irate citizens lynch hundreds of criminal defense attorneys. U.S. Constitution suspended. Martial law established in US.
- Construction of Athena Project resupply vessels halted, effectively ending the project.
- UN offers sovereignty to any Incorporate state capable of governing where national
- UNGEO given enforcement authority in an attempt to combat the Blight.
- Cousteau’s main computer fails. Ship cannibalized for materials
- UN votes to subordinate the organization to the Global Ecology Organization.
- First report of aboriginal contact.
- Cousteau’s landing vessel crashes during a rescue attempt
- Orbit of Cousteau decays and sends craft crashing to Poseidon’s oceans.
- GEO declares Blight to no longer be a threat.
- Body of aborigine discovered floating in Kingston harbor.
- UN restored, but GEO not disbanded.
- Recontact; UNSS Adm. Robert Perry arrives in Serpentis system.
- Start of first Central American Conflict. U.S. engages in interventionist actions in Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador. Military forces are sent to secure the Canal Zone from an ex-U.S. puppet dictator.
- First resupply vessel UNSS Ballard arrives in Serpentis system.
- Floating research facility is destroyed by marine animals. A cry for help was never issued.
- Atlas Materials discovers xenosilicate Longevity Ore (“Long John”).
- Long John rush to Poseidon begins
- First floating town, Dyfedd, is build by Lavender Organics.
- GenDiver destroys Atlas’ Undersea Habitat. A minor Incorporate war breaks out.
- GEO appoints a Justice Department commission (Marshals, Magistrates, and Shock Troops) to Poseidon to end Incorporate war.
- Prosperity Station built to facilitate transport to and from Earth through the Wormhole.
- The present day. Poseidon population reaches 2 million